Use these 65 SEO TECHNIQUES FOR RANKING HIGHER YOUR WEB AND BLOG
1. Content is always very very much important. Providing users with fresh, unique content that is linkworthy is necessary to your long term success in the chasm of the search engine world.So be cautious about your contant.
2. Use relevant keywords. Targeting keywords that nobody searches is a dead-end road. Take your subject and think like a person who wants more information on the topic. What string of words would best clarify his need and be the easiest to type in?
3. Sitemap building is very essantial. A well organized sitemap gives the search engine spiders a way to speedily and more efficiently scan and index all of your content.
4. Build your brand. Aesthetics and typography are now a huge deal in the internet world. Create an identifiable logo and site layout that is memorable. If it looks pleasant to the eyes, it will be much more prone to gaining a quality backlink.
5. Build quality backlinks. Organic backlinks are tough to come by, but if you write good, unique content and promote it, you will profit those coveted links over time. Backlink building never stops. Always look for ways to profit a new, quality backlink.
6. Need your site crawled and indexed? Submit your site to Google, Yahoo! and Bing, AOL but be warned this can take a long time. Your best bet at getting indexed quickly is getting a quality backlink from a trusted site.
7. Need your site crawled and indexed frequently? Write fresh content at least two times a week, and make certain that the content is unique in its nature.
8. Modify your permalink structure. Having id=?q133.12PP at the end of your URLs takes up critical SEO space. Modify your permalink structure so that you can make your links completely relevant to your content. View the link to this page in your search bar for an example.
9. Dont be frightened to link out to others. If you link out to others, others will be more apt to link back to you. Its a give and take relationship. Dont be a mooch.
10. SEO is an art form. There is no one perfect way to optimize your content, only guidelines. So dont slip for the advertisements that promise #1 rankings in Google. It never works perfectly.
11. Search engine rankings take time. Dont expect to rank high the day after you implement your SEO tips and techniques. Give them time to flourish and bloom.
12. Sign up for Google Webmaster Tools. Using Google Webmaster Tools will help you analyze how your site is doing is terms of search query traffic and indexing. You can analyze your data and modify it appropriately in order to boost your SEO efforts.
13. Target one keyword or keyword phrase for each page. The shotgun approach for keywords just doesnt give results. Pick one keyword or keyword phrase and stick with it.
14. Take advantage of latent semantic indexing. Latent semantic indexing takes into effect the words that are synonymous with your keywords. So while you specifically target one keyword or keyword phrase, use synonymous words around it in order to give the spiders a better idea of how to index and rank your content.
15. Use 301 redirects for your custom affiliate links. Also add rel=nofollow to them as well in order to save your SEO in tact.
16. Use lots of internal links. Use your content in order to link to the rest of your content. This helps search engines (and your visitors) navigate your site and discover other relevant content.
17. Submit your site to directories. While directories are taking the back burner to new social media sites, they yet can provide tall quality backlinks for your site. Just dont submit your site to crappy directories. Study them first, then submit.
18. Use keyword rich anchor texts for your links. Anchor text is the text that is displayed within your hyperlinks. Using keyword wealthy anchor text is important. Also, surround your anchor text with your targeted keywords.
19. Dont worry over PageRank. PR will come as long as you construct quality content and backlinks. PR is just a friendly added bonus to all of the other hard work you put into your stuff.
20. If you can afford it, stay away from shared server hosting. It is very unreliable and can hurt your SEO efforts. Try out virtual private server hosting or cloud hosting. However, if you must stick with shared server hosting, do a check to make determined it isnt upon the bad list of Google.
21. Make determined your server headers are functioning properly. You either desire to look a 200 ok or a 301 redirect message for your URLs. Anything else means there is an inconsistency with your links.
22. Make determined you use ALT tags with your images. Use them to characterize your content (add a few keywords if possible).
23. Check your keyword placement. Are your keywords riddled well throughout your text? Do you have them frequented in the first 100 and last 50 words of your content?
25. Enable GZIP compression for your site. Most web hosting companies will let this (it is hit and miss with shared server hosting). Enabling compression upon your site reduces and compacts the content of your site so that it is delivered faster to your visitors.
26. Write awesome guest posts. Send some of your best stuff to other bloggers in your niche. They will generally provide you with a quality backlink to your site.
27. Choose which search engine you desire to optimize your content for. Google, Yahoo!, Bing,AOL and others all have different algorithms to rank content. Choose one search engine and stick with it. Google likes links. Yahoo! and Bing tend to like upon-page SEO.
28. Using flash content is not very SEO friendly. If you do use flash content, be definite to create some type of link structure for the spiders to crawl.
29. Be aware of link exchanges.As all links are not qualitiful, most of them are crocks and profit you bad rapport with the search engines.
30. Find forums that are related to your site. Become active in the forums and offer your expertise. People in these forums already have something in common with you. Use this opportunity to create loyal visitors.
31. Along with using forums, take that opportunity to place a link in your signature. Most forums add the rel=nofollow attribute to them, but yet it is a chance to increase your link popularity and visibility. Take advantage of signatures.
32. Search engine optimization is a daily process. Be prepared to analyze and tweak your content constantly for best results.
33. Optimize your RSS feeds. You would do this the similar way that you would with your actual content.Dont forget that they are a crucial part of your site, too.
34. Always use perfect links. Absolute links can be searched by anyone.
35. Add viral elements to your site. Use social media buttons for Digg, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and any other social media service you would like. Give your site the ability to become viral.
36. Make your internal link structure easy to navigate. But dont just stop there. Make your whole site easy to navigate. People dont like sites that give them trouble.
37. Give your visitors something to jabber about. Make your content unique and memorable. If you can do this, the link juice will flow like milk and honey.
38. Always be prepared to solution questions from your visitors. This builds rapport with them and makes them more likely to say their friends about your site. In technical terms, recall that grassroots marketing is important.
39. Optimize your backend coding to create certain that it isnt slowing down your blog. Use the PageSpeed and YSlow tools in order to locate out where you have potential issues. If the issues can be fixed, repair them.
40. Make use of headers and bold text in your content. This grabs the attention of your readers and, consequently, the search engine spiders. Dont go overboard with this, though, unless you desire to be ranked #967 for your keyword(s).
41. Make definite that your visitors have the option of social bookmarking. This means you should probably have some social buttons somewhere in your posts.
42. Consider multiple domains. If you believe that you can provide lots of content for two or more related (but different) topics, you may desire to attempt using multiple domains to preserve each other. This way, you can profit good link juice from your domains.
43. We are human beings. We can forget to optimize our content at times. Use some SEO tools like SEO PowerSuite or Scribe SEO to help you to always optimize your content.
44. Go back and optimize some of your old content. If it is not doing well in the search engines, analyze it, tweak it and update it for better rankings in the search engines.
45. If possible, stay away from frames. They cant link to pages so they create beautiful dead-ends. Avoid them if you can.
46. Check your keyword density. Keyword density should be somewhere between 2% and 5% for your content. The only exception to this is if you are trying to make viral content. Even so, yet attempt to fall within this percentage so that the search engines can rank your content well even after it has run its viral course.
47. Stay away from submission services. Just suck it up and do the work yourself. Submission services can come back to haunt you.
49. New sites (like this one) take time to profit ranked for targeted keywords. Dont profit discouraged. Implement your SEO tips and give them time. The rankings and subsequent traffic will come.
50 Are you using a theme for your site? If so, make determined that it is structured well and does not slow down your page load time. If you use WordPress, consider the Thesis WordPress theme.
51. The quality of your backlinks is always more important than the quanity of your backlinks. 10 quality backlinks can carry more weight than 100 mediocre backlinks.
52. Backlink building takes time, so dont attempt to profit them all at once. You may profit flagged by the search engines if you do otherwise.
53. Communicate with other bloggers in your niche. Get to know them and learn from their past experiences. This will help you learn the ropes and become a better blogger. Becoming a better blogger attracts more long lasting attention and traffic, which will boost your search engine rankings.
55. Offer new content often. Spiders do not like stale content. If you yourself cannot write frequently, try to profit some guest posts from other people in your niche.
56. Use canonical links. Canonical links make sure that the links that you post are the links that show up in the search engines. You wouldnt want the comments link showing up for the actual post link, would you?
57. Local is becoming the new thing. If your site has a local focus, take advantage of it. Submit your site to Google Places and gain some of that local traffic to your site.
58. Use anchor text within your internal links. Using the words seo tips would be better than here because it lets the spiders know what the content is about when that link is clicked.
59. Backlinks do not help your SEO directly if they have a rel=nofollow attribute attached to them. If you can, gain links without this attribute so that search engines will follow them. However, any type of backlink increases your link popularity, which in turn can create better awareness of your site, brand and content. Nevertheless, only backlinks without the rel=nofollow attribute give you authentic link juice.
60. Title tags are crucial to search engine success. Make sure that you title tags contain your targeted keywords or keyword phrases.
61. Going along with title tags, the closer your keywords are to the beginning of the title, the better. Place your keywords or keyword phrases as close to the beginning as possible.
62. Design your website with SEO in mind. If you dont do this at the beginning, it is much tougher to implement SEO tips and techniques into your design later.
63. Check your crawl rates upon your content with Google Webmaster Tools. If your crawl rate average begins to exceed 1000ms, go back through and optimize your content for speed. If you are still seeing tall crawl rates, consider switching hosts.
63. If you can, ditch the index.php or default.htm (or whatever it may be) at the cease of your links. This makes your site look old and outdated. Who wants to link to a site that is old and outdated?
64. .php, .htm, .html, .asp, etc. at the stop of your links have no effect upon your SEO, but they do have an effect upon your social credibility. With this and point #64 in mind, try to acquire rid of them if you can.
65. Install Google Analytics upon your site. Study your analytics and find out how to best optimize your content.