Daraz Created History by Selling Products Worth BDT 25 Crore within the First Hour of 11.11 Campaign
Due to huge customer demand the campaign has been extended till 17th November
Daraz Bangladesh (daraz.com.bd)- a concern of Alibaba Group and country’s largest e-commerce platform has celebrated Daraz 11.11 Sale for the third time with a massive success. Daraz broke last year’s record by selling products worth BDT 8.5 crore ($ 1 Million) within the first 15 minutes of 11.11 launch. Last year BDT 8.5 crore worth of products were sold in 45 minutes. Shakib Al Hasan, the best all-rounder in the world, inaugurated the campaign on 10th November at 11:30 o’clock through Daraz official Facebook Live. Due to customers demand, the Daraz Authority has extended the duration of this campaign by 6 more days till 17th November.
11.11 campaign at a glance:
• In the first 15 minutes of the campaign, products worth BDT 8.5 crore ($ 1 Million) were sold.
• More than one lakh products worth Tk 25 crore were sold in the first hour of the campaign,
• 3.5 times growth compared to last year.
• Around 15,000 sellers have participated in this year’s campaign which is twice the number from last year.
• The company has set a record by selling a realme C Fifteen (C15) phone worth BDT 6 crore in just 10 minutes.
• Special 11 TK Mystery Box ended within 10 seconds.
• Brand Mystery Box of different price ranges were sold out within a minute of unlocking.
• The Best-selling products from the campaign are POCO X3 NFC Phone, realme C12, Sharp-Full Auto Washing Machine (ES-X858), Gree Split Type Air Conditioner (1.5 TON, Inverter), Samsung 43 Inch LED TV and Walton Laptop
• Popular Brands throughout the campaign- realme, Apex, Dabur Honey, Dettol, Esquire Electronics, StudioX, Samsung, Xiaomi, Motorola, Focallure etc.
• During the campaign the sales of products in the category such as fashion products, electronic accessories, home & living, health and beauty were immense.
Offers for upcoming days:
During the extended phase of the Daraz 11.11 campaign there will be huge discounts on various products every day, vouchers, mega deals, flash sales and additional discounts through payment partners offering savings upto 15%. The payment partners are- BRAC Bank, City Bank, Eastern Bank Limited, Mercantile Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and bKash.
Daraz is the leading online marketplace in South Asia, empowering tens of thousands of sellers to connect with millions of customers. Daraz provides immediate and easy access to 10 million products in more than 100+ categories and delivers more than 2 million packages every month to all corners of its countries. Daraz is a mall, a marketplace and a community for its customers. It is also a university for entrepreneurs, and every month it educates more than 5,000 new sellers on e-commerce operations. To overcome the logistics challenge in its markets, Daraz has built its own logistics company specifically designed for e-commerce operations – Daraz Express (known as DEX) – to raise the standards for the industry. Daraz is also helping existing and new logistics providers digitize. In 2018, Daraz was acquired by Alibaba Group, and is proud to carry its part of the mission to ‘make it easy to do business anywhere in the era of the digital economy’. As part of the Alibaba ecosystem, Daraz is leveraging Alibaba’s global leadership and experience in technology, online commerce, mobile payments and logistics to drive growth in its markets.