Uber, the world’s largest on-demand ridesharing company, has released the third iteration of The Uber Lost & Found Index. This year Bangladeshi Uber riders are most forgetful around weekends and between 12.00pm-3.00pm, according to the index, where a snapshot reveals the things Bangladeshis have forgotten on their Uber rides. The most common items that Uber riders in Bangladesh tend to forget are their phones and cameras.
The Uber Lost & Found Index is a snapshot the most commonly forgotten items (there are thousands every week!)—from phones and cameras to keys and wallets. The index also provides a snapshot of some of the most unique items left behind. Uber releases this annual index to highlight the technology enabled in app features that can help riders get reunited with their lost items.
Here’s a quick video and guide for riders looking for ‘Lost Items’:
- Go to “Menu”
- Tap “Your Trips” and select the trip where you left something
- Tap “Report an issue with this trip”
- Tap “I lost an item”
- Tap “Contact my driver about a lost item”
- Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
- If you lost your personal phone, enter a friend’s phone number instead.
- Your phone will ring and connect you directly with your driver’s mobile number.
- If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
- If you are unable to connect with the driver, use ‘in-app support’ to report the loss and Uber Support Team will step in to help you
10 Most Frequently Forgotten Items in Ubers – Bangladesh
- phone / camera
- backpack / bag / folders / box / luggage
- wallet / purse
- headphones / speaker
- jewelry / watch / make-up
10 Most Unique Forgotten Items in Ubers – Dhaka
- 40kg beef pack
- Lichi Fruit 100 Pieces
- 4 saree with 2 blouse pieces
- Golda chingri (fish)
- Packet of sweet
- A Banaroshi Blanket
- 3 coconuts
- 4 Ice creams
Most Common Days of the Week to Report Items as Lost
Most popular times of day to lose items:
People are most likely to forget an item between 12.00 noon and 3:00 PM
Most forgetful days in 2018:
March 21, 2018
March 24, 2018
December 24, 2018