Daraz Bangladesh (daraz.com.bd), a concern of Alibaba Group has rolled out another relief program with 4 new NGOs to help the needy and affected people during the Covid-19 crisis. Daraz has previously rolled out a relief program with Bidyanondo on 7th April. This campaign is inspired by the slogan “helping others from home”. Engaged in human welfare these NGOs and charity organisations are- Obhijatrik Foundation, Bondhu Foundation, Sajida Foundation and Charity Right.
These organizations have set up separate funds where the customers/donors can donate cash through Daraz (100 taka to 5000 Tk) or one can also buy ration bundles (rice, pulses, flour, flour, oil) from the Daraz app in order to help the people. In this case for each donation, customers will make a prepayment worth 75% of the product and the rest 25% will be beared by Daraz. Moreover, Daraz’s (daraz.com.bd) own logistic support Dex (Daraz Express) will also be involved in this charity to deliver food / donations to the NGOs.
Currently, a large number of people in Bangladesh lives under the national poverty line. As poverty leads to hunger, OBHIZATRIK’s aim is to achieve lasting results of reduced hunger by targeting poverty elimination. At this moment, Obhizatrik has 3500 Volunteers, 15 Corporate Donors, 190 Child Sponsors and 465 Shokkhom Projects.
BANDHU Foundation of Bangladesh
BANDHU foundation of Bangladesh is a charitable youth organization consists of students coming from various backgrounds and understandings. It aspires to provide both human and economic development through its income-generating projects and empowering marginalized low-income groups by creating economic opportunities that would improve their standard of living. There are also other NGOs working under this foundation namely Give Bangladesh, Shunte ki pao? and Prochesta Foundation.
SAJIDA Foundation began in 1987 informally as a small garage school for disadvantaged children and right now it serves people from across the social strata through three categories of interventions. Financial Services, Development Programs and through Social Enterprises across 26 districts in Bangladesh. SAJIDA Foundation is aggressively engaged in educating communities on COVID-19, installed more than 400 locally designed hand washing stations.
Charity Right is an international food program that provides regular meals to schoolchildren, families, and communities affected by emergencies. It started operations in Bangladesh in 2013, with the aim to create an environment where hunger no longer acts as a barrier that prevents people from reaching their full potential.
To Donate please visit: